Trip Name: Pokhara City Day Tour
Duration: One Day
Group Size: 1-12
Starts / Ends: Hotel Annapurna View Sarangkot
Tour and Sightseeing
Shiva Statue Pumdikot
Trip Starts : 8:30 AM ( After Breakfast )
Trip Ends : 5:00 PM
Trip Duration : 8.5 hours
Cost of Car (3 - 4 pax) : Rs.5,000 per day
Cost of Jeep / Scorpio (6 - 8 pax): Rs.7,000 per day
Cost of Hiace (12 - 14 pax): Rs.14,000 per day
Hotel pickup and drop services can be done via Annapurna Cable Car or four wheelers depends on number of pax.
Note : Transportation cost can vary accordingly.
Sightseeing places in Pokhara:
Pokhara offers huge variety of sightseeing opportunities and activities. Pokhara is the main gateway to explore Annapurna region and home to multitudes of natural and cultural wonders of Nepal. Pokhara full day city tour is the great way to orientate yourself and explore the vibrant city. Pokhara is blessed with stunning landscapes, incredible views of Annapurna range and Machhapuchhre peaks. Furthermore, its surroundings offer the most popular and exotic trekking routes to Annapurna region and intensive Annapurna Circuit and Jomsom Trek. One day tour around Pokhara allows you to enjoy this trip with a little walking around Pokhara city, Phewa Lake, Davis Fall, Museum, Peace Pagoda, Shiva Temple, Gupteshwor Cave and more. After the completion of the trip, we drop you back to hotel.
Pokhara full day tour is a fascinating trip that creates profusion of photographic opportunities for travelers. Enjoy the natural and cultural interest of Pokhara along with fascinating stroll around the street. In this comprehensive full day city tour, travelers will be provided with opportunity to gain an insight into the place and attraction. Read further information of the places that you will be visiting during the trip:
1. Phewa Lake: Phewa lake is also famous for the reflection of mount Machhapuchhre and other mountain peaks of the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges on its surface. The Tal Barahi Temple is situated on an island in the lake. It is located 4 km from the city's centre Chipledhunga.
2.Barahi Temple: Located at an Island of Phewa Lake, stands the Barahi Temple that is highly venerated Hindu Temple of Pokhara. It is must to visit site during day tour in Pokhara as it holds both natural and spiritual significance of the valley. Devotees are seen carrying male animal and fowl across the lake to sacrifice to their deity.
3. Davis Fall: Davis Fall is a charming waterfall named after David, who swept away in the fall at 1961. It is located about 2 km south-west of Pokhara Airport on the Siddhartha Highway. Close to the Davis Fall lies Gupteshwor Cave, a mysteriously sacred cave that holds limestone figure and Shiva Temple. You can also enjoy Tibetan carpet knitting room and monastery in a close distance.
4.Gupteshwor Cave : Gupteshwor Mahadev Cave is considered one of Nepal’s longest caves founded in the 16th century and has a religious background. The cave is a renowned pilgrimage destination in Nepal which attracts a large audience.
5. Peace Pagoda : Peace Pagoda is a stunning monument located on the Anadu Hill overlooking the mesmerising Phewa Lake with the charming Annapurna Mountain range in the backdrop. Key attractions of Peace Pagoda is Trekking, Sight seeing, Bird Watching, Pilgrimage, Boating and Spectacular view of Annapurna Range.
6. Shiva Statue Pumdikot : Nepal’s Tallest Lord Shiva Statue in Pokhara is the emerging local attraction for domestic and international travelers. Located in the southern part of Pokhara at an elevation of 1500 meters from sea level. Another attraction of Pumdikot Shiva Temple is Shiva Damaru which is the biggest in Asia.
7. Bindabasini Temple: Built in the 16th century this holy temple is another attraction to visit which is dedicated to Goddess Durga where number of Hindu pilgrims’ flocks to preform holy activities.
8. International Museum : The International Mountain Museum displays a collection of art and information about living and mountain climbing over 12,000 feet. These visitors come to observe the numerous displays, which include world-famous summits and the mountain climbers who climbed them, mountain culture and lifestyle, biology of mountain flora and fauna, and geologic formations.
Itinerary from Hotel Annapurna View to Pokhara Sightseeing
8:30 am - 9:30 am : Hotel to Bindabasini Temple
9:30 am - 10:30am : Boating at Phewa Lake , Visiting Barahi Temple
10:30 am - 11:45 am : Visiting Devis falls and Gupteshwor Cave
11:45 am - 1:30 pm : Sightseeing Stupa and Shiva Temple
1:30 pm - 2:30 pm : Lunch at Lakeside
2:30pm - 4:00pm : Mountain Museum
4:00pm - 5:00 pm : Back to Hotel